Golf

Cordova Bay Golf Course

Yesterday I went to Cordova Bay Golf Course with my friend. The same friend who I was in Edmonton with at the golf simulator. I can assure you that real golfing is much more difficult than a simulator. This was very evident yesterday. I would upload the score card but it was accidentally ripped up and burned. Crazy how things happen.

Cordova Bay Golf Course has a full 18 hole course and a smaller 9 hole ‘pitch and putt.’ Both are stunning. As you can see in the photo above, the full course is on the ocean. Although houses block most of the view to the water, you can smell the ocean and feel the breeze that comes off of it. This is one of the most beautiful courses I’ve played on. The photo below shows a portion of the 9 hole course.

Cordova Bay Ridge Course

Although I didn’t play as well as I wanted to, it was fun to take what I have been learning all semester to a full golf course. A real green is different than the putting mat in my living room. Hitting onto a real fairway (or deep rough in my case) is different than hitting into a screen or a driving range. I think I need to adjust my expectations on the course. Golf is a very technical sport that requires ALOT of practice. This semester I’ve definitely improved. This is the beginning of the golfing season in western Canada and I am in a much better situation than I left with last year. I’m looking forward to improving and playing more and more this spring and summer.